Facial Yoga For Younger Looking Skin
By Blanca Arboli, February 22, 2019
There are about 52 muscles in your face. Toning and conditioning these areas with Facial Yoga can give the face a more youthful appearance.
What Facial Yoga is?
Facial Yoga is a completely natural method designed to make your face look younger by toning the elaborate network of facial muscles through muscle movement and touch.
For optimal results, it’s recommended to practice for 20-30 minutes, 6 times a week. You can train your cheeks, nasolabial folds, neck, jawline, eyes, forehead and even your nose.
The routine will help lift, tone and firm the skin, reducing wrinkles for a natural, non-surgical facelift. A regular practice can improve blood flow, supplying your skin cells with nutrients that stimulate skin cell regeneration to give you smoother looking skin and prevent wrinkles. Additionally, conditioning the muscles around the eyes and neck can help relieve cranial strains
Which areas does Facial Yoga target?
Facial Yoga can make your jawbone more prominent, enhance the cheekbones, smooth brow lines and reduce excess fat in your face. But getting good results requires consistency!
Here are 3 exercises to introduce you to the Facial Yoga world:
Benefits: Reduce and prevent lines under, and on the outer edge of the eyes.
- Take 2 middle fingers between the eyebrows, then take the index finger to the outer edge of the eyes and apply pressure to the outer corner of the eyebrows.
- Look up towards your brow and make a strong swing upwards with your lower eyelids. You will feel a little shake or little pulse on the outer edge of eyes. Repeat this 6 more times.
- Relax the eyes back down and keep this going through a repetition of squinting and releasing. Each time feeling for that little shake or pulse which is an indication that the muscles are contracting and relaxing, which is how the muscles tone.
- On the 6th time, close your eyes and again feel for that little shake or little pulse, then relax.
The Smile Smoother
Benefit: Reduce and prevent lines around the nose and the eyebrows, lift the cheeks, chin and neck area.
- Pull your top lip and bottom lip away from each other hiding the teeth. Then go from the “O” shape to smile shape and back again. Repeat this 6 times.
- Hold the smile shape, still hiding the teeth, place the index finger into your chin and hold the jaw as the head tilts gently back.
Smooth The Brow
Benefit: Release tension in the forehead area and increase the collagen elastin (a natural plumping agent in the skin ).
- Hide the teeth with the lips to make an “O” shape.
- Place the index fingers on the forehead, sweeping out and lifting off. Do that twice, each time applying light pressure to tighten the skin and making sure you are not dragging the skin.